What is Harvest House?
Harvest House is a ministry for foster children & families on Guam that provides for their physical needs, spiritual encouragement, and emotional support by:
- Recruiting safe foster families and respite care providers
- Training foster families with trauma-treatment parenting curriculum and hosting special guest speakers
- Retaining foster families by providing for their needs as they care for each foster child and hosting annual events that benefit the foster community
Harvest House also acts as an Emergency Triage Center to children in crisis entering the foster care system.
We provide physical, social, mental, and spiritual support to foster children and families. We clothe, feed, and connect children in need to foster care parents who we recruit, train, and retain.
In 2022 Harvest House opened our doors to:
- 157 children through our emergency triage center
- 345 families or shelters through shopping visits
- 60 potential foster families
- 46 families going through the reunification or adoption process